- Sprinkle water generously over the bottom of the oven, then cover the grime with enough baking soda that the surface is totally white.
- Sprinkle some more water over the top.
- Let the mixture set overnight.
- You can easily wipe up the grease the next morning because the grime will have loosened.
- When you have cleaned up the worst of the mess, dab a bit of liquid detergent or soap on a sponge, and wash the remaining residue from the oven.
- If this recipe doesn't work for you it is probably because you didn't use enough baking soda and/or water.