Best Play-Doh recipe ever!
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup salt (regular table salt)
- 1 tablespoon Alum (in the spice aisle)
- 2 tablespoons mineral oil (in the laxative aisle)
- 1 tablespoon glycerin (near rubbing alcohol)
- food coloring
- 2 cups flour
- Mix water, salt, Alum, mineral oil, and glycerin together in a pot, warm the pot but don’t let it boil. Just get it nice and hot. You want the salt to almost dissolve BUT not quite. Stir sparingly (it’s okay to stir, but not too much). When you have reached this obscure temperature put the mixture in your mixer and add the flour.
- Start mixing, as the flour mixes with the liquid add in a few drops of your food coloring color of choice. Let it all mix for about two minutes, till it looks like dough.
- Let sit until cool (it will get less sticky as it cools).
You can add a drop or two of peppermint oil if you like. If your dough is stickier than you would like after it cools, just add some more flour!