- Approximately 2 cups fresh berries (out of season, you may use canned) – enough to cover the bottom of a 9×13 pan
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 box yellow cake mix (on sale!)
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a large (at least 9×13”) pan.
- Peel and slice up enough fruit to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle 3 cups of sugar over the fruit.
- Pour 2 or 2 ½ cups tap water over the sugared fruit.
- Sprinkle box of yellow cake mix evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Dot the top of all with one stick of butter.
- Cook for 1 hour or 1 1/2hrs. until topping is browned; the cobbler will “jiggle” a little when you take it out of the oven; it will thicken up as it cools.
- Let sit and cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop up into bowls or plates and top with vanilla ice cream.