- 3- carrot sticks, peeled and grated
- 1/2- red onion, finely chopped
- 2- celery stalks, chopped
- 4- slices bacon
- 2- garlic cloves, crushed
- 1- lb. ground beef
- 2- 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2- 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 1Tbsp Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1- box frozen spinach
- Peel and grate carrots, chop red onion and celery.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook the bacon. Then set aside on paper towels and crush/chop.
- In the same saucepan, saute all the veggies with the crushed garlic for 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and brown.
- Once browned, add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and about 3 tomato paste cans worth of water. Stir in the bacon and the Italian seasonings. Let simmer for about 15 minutes. (Cover if you simmer longer.) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook noodles and spinach as directed on package.
- Serve Chunky Bolognese Sauce over noodles with side of spinach.