Feta Shrimp TacosFeta Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 banana pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced avocado, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, onion and banana pepper. In another small bowl, whisk the Miracle Whip, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Sprinkle shrimp with taco seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet, saute shrimp in oil for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Place shrimp on tortillas; top with cheese, coleslaw and avocado if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts 2 tacos (calculated without avocado) equals 527 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 1,021 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Originally published as Feta Shrimp Tacos in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p33