- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- tablespoons grated lemon peel
- to 6 medium strawberries (about 4 oz), hulled
- container Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
Garnish, if desired
- strawberries, sliced
- Lemon peel curls
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make, bake and cool cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, adding grated lemon peel with the water.
- 2 Place 4 oz strawberries in blender. Cover; pulse 20 seconds to puree strawberries. Pour 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree into medium bowl. Stir in fluffy white frosting until well mixed.
- 3 Generously frost cupcakes. Garnish with sliced strawberries and lemon peel curls. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.